Our experience of leadership and management development programmes tells us that the appropriate use of Psychometric tools and 360 degree feedback can add real value to the participants and therefore we frequently use these tools in our delivery of workshops. They also play a part in the coaching methods which we use as they help individuals challenge and question default approaches and mindsets. Working in partnership with our clients we select the most appropriate tool for the situation and support participants in programmes to gain the most from any given tool.
The team at MY Consultants are accredited to use a range of tools including:
- Myres -Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI): One of the most frequently utilised tools across the training and development sector we use MBTI as an integral part of our programmes for new managers as it supports participants understand difference and the challenges of managing a range of individuals.
- FIRO Element B: which explores individuals’ approaches to inclusion, openness and control can provide managers with further insights about their behaviour and in particular can help leaders explore their approaches to trust.
- 360 degree feedback: We work with organisations to develop 360 degree feedback processes which reflect the contexts within which participants work. For example in a recent project we designed a 360 feedback process around a client’s organisational leadership expectations and administered this through a bespoke online process.
- HAY Management Styles: This quickly administered based upon the work of Daniel Goleman allows managers to compare their approach with what they perceive the context of the organisation requires highlighting mismatches in leadership style.
- Thomas Killman Conflict Mode Instrument: This tool helps people understand how to adapt their behaviour to be more effective at resolving conflict.
- Belbin Team roles: When exploring challenges of team working with limited time we will use Belbin Team roles to explore individual team make ups and to highlight potential conflicts and explore roles which may be lacking from the team.
No matter which tool is utilised we design and build programmes which bring these tools to life and allow participants to find real value from the tools.